Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Tell us what’s happening:

I’m already trying to add the wordBlanks for hours… I searched everything I could find, even the video, but it still doesn’t work… Can someone help me? The console.log does show it correctly!

Your code so far

const myNoun = "dog";
const myAdjective = "big";
const myVerb = "ran";
const myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line
const wordBlanks ="My, unfortunately passed away, little" + " " + myNoun + " " + "Jenka" + " " + myVerb + " " + "very" + " " + myAdverb + " " +"even against the other" + " " + myAdjective + " " + "dogs.";
console.log(wordBlanks)
// Only change code above this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Link to the challenge:

The tests don’t like that you used the word “dogs” at the end of the sentence. They think you are trying to cheat (even though you are not). Change that word to something else without the word “dog” in it and you will pass.

Hello Bruce, I changed the word “dogs” to “animals”, and yes, it worked! Thanks for the hint, but they should indicate that better in the instructions. Now I’ve lost at least 2 hours looking for the solution. Again, thank you very much!

Ya, the tests could be tightened up a little. They are just trying to make sure you use the variable myNoun in the sentence and so I’m assuming the tests are searching to see if “dog” has been hardcoded but they are catching any word with “dog” in it. I might be tempted to open a github issue on this. Or perhaps you might want to?

No, thank you, I’ve lost enough time already…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.