Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Tell us what’s happening:
I must be missing something simple, but cannot find it. I’ve reviewed spelling and punctuation, syntax, and all the requirements, but can’t seem to get this through. Help!

Your code so far

const myNoun = "dog";
const myAdjective = "big";
const myVerb = "ran";
const myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line
const wordBlanks = "The " + myAdjective + "hairy " + myNoun + "haughtily " + myVerb + "very " + myAdverb + "."; // Change this line
// Only change code above this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: {{challengeTitle}} Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Link to the challenge:

console.log your result and you’ll immediately see where you’ve gone wrong.

Sorry, I feel a bit stupid. What does it mean to console.log my result? Isn’t that the tests at the bottom? That just says that I should use all four variables, which I’ve done.

console.log is one of the most useful debugging tools at your disposal.
Any time that code is not returning the result you’re looking for, you can use this to check values of variables, functions etc and figure out where you might be going wrong.

You can use this command throughout the Javascript lessons as and when you need.

Put this below your const declaration and see what appears in the console:

console.log(wordBlanks);
1 Like

wordBlanks should contain all of the words assigned to the variables myNoun , myVerb , myAdjective and myAdverb separated by non-word characters (and any additional words of your choice).

separated by non-word character is

+ " "+

correct code is:

Mod Edit: SOLUTION REMOVED

within the challenge, the clue says not to put words between one union and another, i.e. it means this " " + myNoun + " " + myAdjective. In this case it will create blank words.

Please do not post solutions on the forum.

The words “hairy”, “haughtily” and “very” are glued from their left side to the corresponding variables that preceds them. Make a blank space in each of these words from the left side too.
For example, instead of "word ", you should write " word ".

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Thank you!! I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.