Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Tell us what’s happening:
My code is not passing because it says I should not use the values “big”, “dog”, “ran”, “quickly” to create the wordBlanks string.

Your code so far

const myNoun = "dog";
const myAdjective = "big";
const myVerb = "ran";
const myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line
const wordBlanks = "The dog was " + "big" + " and" + " ran very" +" quickly."; // Change this line
// Only change code above this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 14541.0.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Link to the challenge:

Look at your string with console.log(wordBlanks);

It should look strange.

I’m sorry but I don’t quite understand your reply.

You should use console.log to look at the string you have made. If you look at what the string actually contains, it should look wrong for an English sentence.

Once you fix the spaces, you need to use the variables instead of the strings themselves.

I made this mistake too. Basically you need to take spaces into account and put them in as empty strings.

I think you have to make the spaces on their own string instead of adding them to the words and use the variables names instead of creating new strings like for example instead of “dog” you have to type the const name.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.