Beginner and an aspirant-- C programming

Hi everyone, Just now graduated from high school and I love coding. I joined computer science in the college. But stuck as I am not sure , how to gain experience in coding. Some say to get involved in Open Source Projects. But since I am new to this, I wonder how should I get prepared to contribute to open source projects ? Is there any requirements ? I don’t need online cources as I am well aware and I am doing few. I kindly request if anyone can just guide me or give tips on how to gain experience in coding apart from just learning it in online. Someone please help me.

There are tons of guides on how to start and contribute, so please do some searching first.

What also works is just writing interesting programs that maybe scratch your own itch or do something cool like print random garbage to the screen.

1 Like

^^^

The best help you can get is from your own hand. And that hand can do something pretty awesome which is… coding.

The very best thing you can do is just start putting an application together by hand. Whether it’s to satisfy a curiosity or building something of some value.

In the meantime, don’t sweat the business stuff. That will come in due time.

1 Like