Best Way To Handle Breaks

I was wondering if the following code looked reasonable enough to be used, and if it’s the best way (although when I click the button, everything dissapears)

useEffect(() => {
    // if (isPlayed) {
      let interval = setInterval(() => {
      //BEGINNING OF SESSION HANDLER
      if (!breakStarts && sessionSeconds === 0) { //session is ongoing and seconds reached 0
        if (sessionMinutes !== 0) {//session is ongoing, seconds reached 0, and session is not over  
          setSessionSeconds(59); 
          setSessionMinutes(sessionMinutes - 1); 
        } else { //session is ongoing, seconds reached 0, and session is over 
          setBreakStarts(true) //this makes the timer focus on the break timer 
          //setBreakMinutes(breakMinutes) // this is to maybe set sessionMinutes back so that it sessionMinutes isn't 0?
        }
      } else if (!breakStarts && sessionSeconds !== 0) {
        setSessionSeconds(sessionSeconds - 1)
      }
      //END OF SESSION HANDLER

//BEGINNING OF BREAK HANDLER
      if (breakStarts && breakSeconds === 0) { //break is ongoing and seconds reached 0
        if (breakMinutes !== 0) {//break is ongoing, seconds reached 0, and break is not over  
          setBreakSeconds(59); 
          setBreakMinutes(breakMinutes - 1); 
        } else { //break is ongoing, seconds reached 0, and break is over 
          setBreakStarts(false) //this makes the timer focus on the session timer 
          //setSessionMinutes(sessionMinutes) // this is to maybe set breakMinutes back so that it breakMinutes isn't 0?
        }
      } else if (breakStarts && breakSeconds !== 0) {
        setBreakSeconds(breakSeconds - 1)
      }
      //END OF BREAK HANDLER

}, 1000);
    //  else if (!isPlayed && breakStarts ? breakSeconds : sessionSeconds !== 0) {
    //   clearInterval(interval);
    // }
    return () => clearInterval(interval);
  }, [isPlayed, breakStarts ? breakSeconds : sessionSeconds]);

I’m not sure what’s going wrong, If I uncomment the if (isPlayed), it doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.