BioPython Programming need Help

Hi guys, I have this assignment to submit in 2 weeks. It’s about BioPython, and my teacher is really bad, he doesn’t know how to explain things and I really need help.
Does someone knows how to do it pleaaase ?

well this is kind of easy

1 Like

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you without just telling you the answer (which we won’t do).

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / repl.it / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, thank you very much for your answer.
I read a lot of things about Biopython on the internet but it seems really complicated to understand it only by reading. I found some clues like I know that, to work with gene bank, there is a code formula which is with : ‘Entrez.efetch(db=“nucleotide”, rettype=‘gbwithparts’, retmode=‘text’, id=‘nc_003197’) as handle:
seq_record = SeqIO.read(handle, ‘gb’)’

But if I want to retrieve a sequence in Genbank and I don’t know the ID of the sequence (Because I need to ask the user to enter a sequence to identify), how can I do ?
I wrote that code so far to ask the user for a sequence to identify, and to retrieve this sequence from Genbank but I am kind of blocked now.

Hello, do you know how I can retrieve a sequence from Genbank without using the name of the sequence but using the sequence itself ?