Blacksmithing Tribute Page - feedback?

Greetings, all:

I have a tribute page to present.

https://codepen.io/dwaynebrock/full/gOwpZVm?fbclid=IwAR17cUKXRjqb-W1c5Oby_jVhHvIFMTfWzME6zrQtsFy4ftnd3yQcCCgoJwM

I am not sure how to set up testing the code validity. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a suggestion on how to set that up.

Thank you in advance to anyone that would be willing to view this page and offer suggestions.

Best Regards, and a great afternoon to all.
Milburn Dwayne Brock

1 Like

Hi @dwaynebrock

To get the tests running you simply have to add this line at the end:

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

I normally add it before my </body> tag.

I really liked your tribute page, it is one of the few I have looked at that made me want to follow up on the subject.

Regards,
Craig.

1 Like

Thank you Craig for your comments on my page.

I had to make a few quick changes, got my 10 of 10 to complete it. Your advice on the testing was very expedient.

1 of 5 now done.

Hi @dwaynebrock!

Welcome to the forum!

I think your page looks good.

A few things.

/*Your code*/
  margin-left:auto;
  margin-right:auto;

/*Margin shorthand*/
margin:0 auto; /*top-right-bottom-left*/

Hope that helps!

I think it would be better if you have specified a little more,

margin: 0 auto; /*is itself shortcut of*/ margin: 0 auto 0 auto;

Greetings @jwilkins.oboe

Thank you for your suggestions.

I wonder what the html error was, showing 10 of 10 currently. missed that one. Maybe I changed it on the fly and didn’t notice.

The shorthand for the margins definitely seems like a good practice, could save a lot of writing.

The accessibility point is interesting, I wonder what it would be like to be using an electronic reader as opposed to a browser or phone.

Thank you for your points, and may your day be a good one. Best wishes for your musical interests, I have had a guitar near me at all times for 30 years.

Regards,
Dwayne Brock

So that only applies to passing the tests that FCC has setup. You should still run your code through an html validator to see if there are mistakes in the code.

One mistake is in line 18 with two opening p tags.

Ah. we were looking at information from differing sources. It makes more sense now. Will give another look.

1 Like

code is tighter now, passes validation. Thank you for all your observations.