Books For Progamming Beginners

Hi Guys! I know many have asked this question already but I would like to ask it anyway!

So I’m into my journey to get the Full Stack Dev course done and I was wondering which books should I get as companions and “must have” (also to learn more / future proof) to get me going? I’m really committed to this and I want to work as a programmer. And I love to learn!

In the future I intend to learn RoR, Python, so also if you know the “must have” books about it, you’re welcome.

Your help will be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

P.S: I’m more into eBooks, as they are cheaper and help the environment!

2 Likes

Give this github link a try. These folks have scoured the web to make a library of the best FREE coding books on the web. I’ve downloaded a few javascript titles and emailed them to my kindle. Worked well for me.

github

Scroll down and find the language of your choice and it will take you to a list of pubs for that language.

Also try looking at Learn Ruby The Hard Way. You can read the book online for free. That is one of the best I have found so far…

There is my contribution! Looking forward to what others post.

7 Likes

One resource that lots of people here recommend are the You Don’t Know JavaScript ebooks. They are available for free on github, I believe.

I’d say JavaScript: The Good Parts is another good one to have sitting around.

3 Likes

I think my Forum Bookmarks are just a bunch of your posts, P1xt. Thanks for the resources!

Wow awesome guys!

The YDKJ i already got it :slight_smile: but P1xt list is insane! A lot of material to dive in in the near future.

Thanks a lot for helping out!

Web Design with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and jQuery Set by Jon Duckett were very nice books for beginners and experts alike. Very well organized and methodical.