Books on computational number theory

I’ve come across two recent challenges in the JS Algorithm Scripting (Fibonacci, Prime Numbers, now LCM…) that make me think that number theory might be good to start reviewing. Yet, I’ve heard that for coding computational number theory is more accurate. I’m wondering what resources those of you more experienced folks might suggest. I’m not just talking about books but websites. Below are what I’ve found after skimming briefly. What might you all suggest?

Bressoud, D. M. and Wagon, S. A Course in Computational Number Theory. London: Springer-Verlag, 2000.

Cohen, H. A Course in Computational Algebraic Number Theory. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1993.

Thanks for your help!

You are probably better helped with an introductory book on Discrete mathematics and a book on nummerical algorithms. Number Theory is really really abstract (yes, I have taken graduate number theory) and probably beyond the scope of what you need to know as a coder.

Yes that would be discrete math. There may be something on Coursera or EdX or even Khan Academy.

Also here are a couple of places that have online math books:
Freecomputerbooks.com
the open textbook library at U. Minnesota
And don’t forget youtube. You can find videos on every math imaginable on Youtube.

https://artofproblemsolving.com/community/c90633h1291397

NT is a topic I generally avoid. I really don’t see why you want to review number theory after solving JS algorithm problems on FCC? You’re not going to be taught things like Gaussian Elimination here, so there’s honestly no point (Unless you’re really interested in it :p)