Bootstrap template website springs-up some new ?'s for me

I stopped near the end of the RWD course to make my personal website for work. I deiced to download the Freelancer template by Startbootstrap.com.

I made my own avatar and made a few changes by deleting sections and then committed them to github so I could see them load up on my cell phone.

I want to change some things. I can’t center my ‘about’ paragraph, also the space between the end of the masthead subheading and the ‘About’ section has a gap in it. I don’t really know why.

After I figure these things out, I feel like I have to reload from the basic template and do things over again as I deleted whole sections I didn’t need that I may want to do something with.

I feel like the CSS course didn’t prepare me for any of this. It took a long time to understand what’s going on so now i’m at a standstill, once again, about where I should go to learn whatever it is I should have learned already, if, in fact, I should have.

https://popsiclefondue.github.io/Shiny-Windows-Bootstrap-Page/

Edit: I’m probably going to try this vid next. Still open for help and tips on my initial problems tho…

<div class="col-lg-4 ml-auto">
:point_up: this is causing the “about” content to get squished to the right. Changing it to mx-auto will center it. Also, I found the about text a bit too narrow in only 4 columns. Changing it to 8 looked about right. So you’ll ultimately want something like this:

<div class="col-lg-8 mx-auto">

You can use this:

<div class="row justify-content-center">
        <div class="col-lg-4">
          <p class="lead" text-align="center">

. justify-content-center this class will centered any columns in .row