Browser fall back help

Tell us what’s happening:
im not really sure what it wants me to do i added a code for the background to be red using many ways and its rejecting them all it isnt really specific on what it wants me to use… please help
Your code so far

<style>
  :root {
    --red-color: red;
  }
  .red-box {
   background-color: red;
    background: var(--red-color, red);
    height: 200px;
    width:200px;
  }
</style>
<div class="red-box"></div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-css/improve-compatibility-with-browser-fallbacks

Re-read the directions.

this is my first time ever messing with code.telling me to re-read the directions is not going to help. if you are not attempting to help there is no point in replying. ive obviously read the directions multiple times before asking for help.

Selena, I understand you are frustrated and if I were stuck on this problem for 8 days, I would be too. However, no amount of frustration with this problem gives you license to take it out on me. FCC forum policy prevents members from explicitly giving answers, and only permits us to point each other in the right direction. What I am about to write goes against forum code of conduct.

Your code sets background-color to red when it is supposed to set background to red. The red colored text on the gray background in the tests on the left column are keywords the challenge is looking to see in your code. Write background: red; in your code to pass this challenge.

Next time you experience frustration from the help you receive in the forums, just say “I don’t understand what you mean with what you wrote”. Attacking people in FCC will not win favors or assistance.