Bug: "Testing Objects for Properties" Lesson in Basic Java Script

Hi! Thanks so much for reading – I noticed that there is no object in the code editor’s starting code. The code only begins with a function, and when I look at the requirements to pass on the left (please refer to the screenshot), it states that there are properties on the object that should return as “true”… but I don’t see those properties, or even the object itself in the code.

I actually found a video where someone solved this challenge and they have the object in their starting code. I think something must have gotten deleted.

I did got through the first couple of steps I found in the directions for reporting a bug – neither refreshing nor hard refreshing worked.

Your code so far

function checkObj(obj, checkProp) {
// Only change code below this line
return "Change Me!";
// Only change code above this line
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.122 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Testing Objects for Properties

Link to the challenge:

Hello!

The function checkObj takes two arguments, the first being obj and the second being checkProp.

If you look at the test conditions, the tests will pass the object as the obj argument, so you do not need to generate the object yourself.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.