[BUG]: Unable to Click "Get Help" Button

im trying to get some hint for some test button, but the button cant pop up like before any idea for this problem thx

3 Likes

what happens if you click on it? what challenge is this?

all challenge actually its like not pop up the menu of get some hint like, watch video, and one more i forget about the menu

I’m having the same problem here!

Thanks for posting, I was thinking it was a problem with my browser or something on my computer / account.

Tried everything. The “Get Help” button just stopped working at all.

its just an glitch which i was facing too but no worries you can always ask for help in this forum :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@murtadhodaf “Get Help” button still not working here, but I found a way to get help: look for the name of the course in the forum to get hints.

Example: I was stuck on the course “Create a Controlled Form” (React , Front End Development Libraries Certification). Looking for “Create a Controlled Form” on the search bar, I found the camperbot’s post with the hints I needed to make progress: freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Create a Controlled Form .

May be a solution while the “Get Help” button doesn’t work.

2 Likes

thx for that, i think my question its just a report bug or glitch on this web thx

1 Like

these makeshift are required can’t argue with that. XDD

1 Like

Hi @murtadhodaf !

Welcome to the forum!

I tested it with the chrome browser and I am experiencing the same issue.

I just opened up an issue on github

Get help button on my courses is not working. How to proceed? Please help.

You can always manually copy your code into a forum post to receive help. Don’t forget to add the link to the challenge you are working on.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

I’m having the same problem!

Yep. We’ll let everyone know when a fix is rolled out. Until then you can just directly create forum topics to ask questions.

Hello - I am attempting to use the “Get Help” dropdown from my laptop and it won’t allow me to access the menu. I’m using a Chrome browser on an Acer Chromebook laptop.

1 Like

@thomas.hedlund27 happening here also. Check: Cant click get help - #8 by vedantjangid

Hi @thomas.hedlund27 !

Welcome to the forum!

I just opened up an issue on github.

Hi everyone,

Firstly, we are sorry about the inconvenience.

We recently upgraded a lot of our dependencies on the client web application which powers our learning platform. Turns out that React 17 is not yet compatible with some of our codebase. And we missed validating this button.

We have a fix being rolled out, that should be available within the hour or so. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Happy coding.

3 Likes

Thanks @raisedadead !

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. The fix should be live now - as always, please let us know if there are any issues.

3 Likes