Build a JavaScript Calculator Bug

Tell us what’s happening:
My calculator seemed to be coming along until near the end and now it wont even display inputs.

Can anyone help?
Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

There’s no way in the world that your calculator ever worked. There are just too many syntax errors.

Looks like you have lots of typos. You have extra closing parentheses.

$document.ready(function()) {

No equal sign here, etc…

var inputs [""];

Try going back to your code and read them to see if you can spot any other errors. It will be a good exercise. You can also open up console in devtools and click on each error to see where the errors are occuring.

To help with cleanup codepen provides you with validators. There’s one for HTML, CSS and JS. Just click on the arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on ‘Analyze…’

Thank you. I have fixed several of these issues. However, I’m getting several messages that I’m missing semi colons where I am actually am not. Can you help me underdrand this? Am I making a repeated syntax error?

You need spaces between else and if.

Thanks!

took care of all of the codepen anylasis errors. still doesnt work, but I will keep debugging

Tell us what’s happening:
can anyone tell me where my errors are here? it wont work. thanks!

Your code so far
https://codepen.io/leehunterdev/pen/jJRPLW
Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/front-end-libraries/front-end-libraries-projects/build-a-javascript-calculator/

As you’re working through a challenge, you’ll get more benefit out of updating your existing forum threads rather than creating new ones. I have merged your two threads.

do you have time to take one more look? I have been at it since making this post but I cannot find the issue

thanks!

I have found many erros but am now stuck. Do you have a minute to look again?

Is it possible for you to take one more look? I am stuck

On line 32 you are trying to join updates array that doesn’t exist.

aye thank you. now I am getting inputs on the display. still wont math though

On line 38 you’re joining the inputs array:

totalString = inputs.join();

If you use .join() without a parameter, it by default uses comma.

I’m getting several messages that I’m missing semi colons where I am actually am not.