Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage: Viewport issues

I have my navbar fixed to the top and my information displayed so it doesn’t get cut off by the nav bar. anyone know what im doing wrong? im still failing the last two user stories.

User Story #10: The height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport.

User Story #11: The navbar should always be at the top of the viewport.

codepen: https://codepen.io/dpcjr/pen/OJPJoMy

Hey there.
You have some structuring problems and missing CSS rules.

The test requires that the nav section be a child of the body and have the ID of navbar. You have assigned that ID to the unordered list and the nav section is not a child of the body.
Get rid of the list (it is a division unto itself which means your links are children of the list item and not the nav)
It also needs a css rule that maintains it in a fixed position at the top of the body.

The welcome section also needs a CSS rule stating that its height is 100 percent of the viewport height.

Hopes this points you in the right direction

1 Like

Thank you, I will try to make those changes. I think I understand what you mean about it being the child of the body. With the navbar, does that mean that I need to remove the div from around it and put the body around the entire page?

I got it, Thank you!