Build a Pomodoro Clock ERROR: Timeout of 5000ms exceeded

Tell us what’s happening:
My code Isn’t passing most of the #Timer tests, but my application seems to be performing each of the given tests properly. Each failed test returns this error message:

Timeout of 5000ms exceeded. For async tests and hooks, ensure “done()” is called; if returning a Promise, ensure it resolves.
Error: Timeout of 5000ms exceeded. For async tests and hooks, ensure “done()” is called; if returning a Promise, ensure it resolves.

I’m still learning and am not sure what it means, but like I said my application seems to be performing properly and yet I’m not passing the tests.

Here’s a list of the tests that aren’t passing:

When I click the element with the id of “reset”, any running timer should be stopped, the value within id=“break-length” should return to 5, the value within id=“session-length” should return to 25, and the element with id=“time-left” should reset to it’s default state.

When a session countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), and a new countdown begins, the element with the id of “timer-label” should display a string indicating a break has begun.

When a session countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a new break countdown should begin, counting down from the value currently displayed in the id=“break-length” element.

When a break countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), and a new countdown begins, the element with the id of “timer-label” should display a string indicating a session has begun.

When a break countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a new session countdown should begin, counting down from the value currently displayed in the id=“session-length” element.

When a countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a sound indicating that time is up should play. This should utilize an HTML5 <audio> tag and have a corresponding id=“beep”.

The audio element with id of “beep” must stop playing and be rewound to the beginning when the element with the id of “reset” is clicked.

Note that all of these errors but the last one display the same error message:

Timeout of 5000ms exceeded. For async tests and hooks, ensure “done()” is called; if returning a Promise, ensure it resolves.
Error: Timeout of 5000ms exceeded. For async tests and hooks, ensure “done()” is called; if returning a Promise, ensure it resolves.

Let me know whats going on if you can.

thanks

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/front-end-libraries/front-end-libraries-projects/build-a-pomodoro-clock

Well it looks like there were a couple of small errors in my code I didn’t catch at first. I’ve figured it out though. Most of the errors were caused by my calculations being off by one second. Thanks!

here’s the final code:

Hey dude glad you solved it! I am experiencing the exact same problem right now. I had a look at your code and our logic appears almost the same. Can you tell me exactly what calculations you had wrong so I can make mine pass the tests?

Thank you
**Edit - not exactly the same problem after all - my audio passes the rewind test but fails the playing test (in reality it plays but the test fails) - all of my errors are the same 5000ms timeout