Hi y’all, novice here. I wanted to share my first project,* a Frank Little tribute page, and learn how I can improve!
Frank Little Tribute Page
*I didn’t understand “forking” and submitted the first three projects before I realized they were all just the blank test code. I’m definitely appreciating the practice and the opportunity to improve, I’ve obviously got a whole lot to learn!
Welcome to the forums @professorconti. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the
<head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
meta element belongs in the
head element and going where I just pointed there’s a button to click that adds it for you.
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Don’t use
<br> to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
- Make your page responsive. On smaller screens the tribute info falls out of the container.