Build a Tribute Page /user story 3$4 not responding to my code

Tell us what’s happening:

and also this second trial

I have written the page but i dont know how to convert a pen to a profeject

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

Looks like one of the sections doesn’t have a <header>.

You also need a media query. https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_rwd_mediaqueries.asp

1 Like

thank you for you response but , i have gone through it like 20 times and i cant see which it is, quite frustrating

1. I think Test 3 is failing because a bunch of your elements is not being matched up correctly (opening and closing tags).

2. Test 4 may well also be failing because of this but you also need to double check that the href, id and header text matches.

Example:

href="#What_you should_already_know"
href="#What_you_should_already_know"

id="What_you should_already_know"
id="What_you_should_already_know"

<header>What you should already Know</header>
<header>What you should already know</header>

I can’t really help you because the formatting is, honestly, just too messy. It would take me too long to go through all the elements and make sure they all line up. I would strongly suggest being way more diligent about your HTML formatting. The way it is now it’s no wonder you have a hard time seeing if something is missing or not opening/closing correctly.

Try this, first go to your Codepen profile settings (not the setting for the pen, but for your profile). Now switch the Syntax Highlighting to Oceanic Dark and save the settings. Go back to the pen make sure your new setting is working, the code will have different colors.

Now press the down arrow to the right of the HTML code box and select Tidy HTML. Look at the HTML, you should see some closing tags marked in red. That is the new Syntax Highlighting showing you where there are problems.