Build Technical Documentation Page - Feedback Appreciated

Hey guys, I just finished up the project for the Technical Documentation page and I would appreciate it if you guys could give some feedback on how it looks. Thanks, everyone! :slight_smile:

https://codepen.io/justsomebuddy/full/NBVqvE

2 Likes

Wow! This is really nice.

I like the combination of colours you use and the font-size is just right.

The anchor link on the left bar works as it should. Playing around with the display, it looks responsive enough.

My possibly faulty criticisms:

1. It is difficult to discern the difference between a parent heading and its child. For example, the ‘Box Model’ is the parent for ‘Margins’, yet due to the slight difference in size, both of them seem to be on the same level.

2. In the portion, there is a lot of white space after the example codes. I’m not sure if it is intentional but if it is not, try to shrink it down.

3. There should be more margins between parent headings to indicate separation.

Overall, it’s awesome! I wish I can do something like this; I just finished my Tribute page and I can see I have a lot to learn when it comes to design.

Were you inspired by any websites when you made the page?

1 Like

Navigation is unequal : some subsections line up well to the top on click, some do not. And i would keep max 2 subections per page and make them as even as possible, if bigger make it a whole page and too small…well integrate it to another subsection.

Not a fan of the grey colour scheme either.

Otherwise, it s good. Almost there. Depends if you want this to be a porfolio project or not. I wouldn’t spend more time on it.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I’m fairly new to coding still and it’s a lot to take in from design to syntax and I’m still learning. I don’t want to spend too much time on this project so I’ll be sure to keep these in mind on my projects moving forward

Yea, I’m not planning on having it as one of my portfolio projects so I probably won’t spend too much time revising it but I do appreciate the feedback and will keep them in mind on future projects