Building a Cafe Menu | Invalid self-closing link element issue

Heya, been having some issues with the sixteenth step in one of the HTML tutorials. I’ve read many other reports on this step but they all seem related to typos or a missing forward slash on the ending >.

After looking at this for so long I’m certain it’s something very simple I’m overlooking but I’m currently unable to reach out to experienced colleagues.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 8.12.19 AM

<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 14541.0.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 16

Link to the challenge:

I have copied and pasted your code, and it works fine. Are you getting any errors when you try to submit the challenge?

Screenshot 2023-04-11 8.48.09 AM

Still seems unable to submit with a reload of the page. Tried rewriting it from scratch to no avail. Should I just skip to the next step for the time being?

instead of using /> to close your link try just doing >

I didnt notice that before, but you can see here how the link is closed

instead of using /> to close your link try just doing >

I had initially tried to use it like that, unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to help.
Screenshot 2023-04-11 9.07.58 AM

Other forum posts on this step have commented on how the additional slash is needed but I’ll try with and without the slash on any attempts.

What browser are you using?

Chrome, though it’s on my school laptop. Every lesson before now has worked great but do you think this one might be having issues with the ChromeOS?

Weird, chrome is usually what is preferred over the other browsers. The other browsers has caused issues with the challenges here and there. If I were you I would go to the next step. The code is correct, I can copy and paste it using both the slash and without it at the end of the link and it passes for me

1 Like

Alright, thank for for confirming that the code is correct.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.