Building a Survey Form not grading properly?

So I’ve recently just gone through the new certification for HTML and CSS and finished my survey form today. After building it independently, and realizing how many of the requirements were X’d out, I went through the User Stories one by one and changed my code to make sure all of them were in my code. But I still only have about half of the requirements checked off, despite some of them being complete and still saying they aren’t done. Even simple things like ’ You should have an h1 element with an id of title '. I have that. It’s in the fifth line of code, but still showing an X. Should I wait for the project to be patched and move on to the next course, or am I doing something wrong here?

My HTML code is posted below. The 123 lines of CSS I typed up weren’t included, since I think things are bogged down enough as is.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" type="text/css" />

<html>

<head>

<title><p id="description"><h1 id="title">Whiskey Newsletter Registration Form</h1><p></title>

<form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org' id="survey-form">

</head>

<header>

<h1>Whiskey Newsletter Registration Form</h1>

<i><b><p>You must be 21 or older to proceed past this point</p></b></i>

<hr>

</header>

<body>

<form>

<p><b>Please fill out the page with the required information:</b></p>

<form id="basic information">

<label id="number-label" class="information">How old are you?

<input id="number" type="number" name="age" min="21" max="120" placeholder="21+" required></input>

</label>

<label id="name-label" class="information">Enter Your Name:  

<input type="text" name="full-name" placeholder="Full Name" required></input>

</label>

<label id="email-label" class="information">Enter Your Email Address:  

<input type="email" name="email" placeholder="Email Address" required></input>

</label> 

</form> 

<p><label id="dropdown" class="how">How did you first hear about us?</label>

<select name="referral" class="referral" id="dropdown">

<option value="">Select one of the following</option>

<option value="1">Reddit</option>

<option value="2">Whiskey Vault</option>

<option value="3">Five Star Liquor</option>

<option value="4">M&D Liquor</option>

<option value="5">Other</option>

</select></p>

<hr>

<!--Favorite Whiskey Selection-->

<p><b>What is your favorite type of whiskey?</b></p>

<div class="preference">

<input type="checkbox" value="bourbon"> Bourbon</div>

<div class="preference">

<input type="checkbox" value="rye"> American Rye</div>

<div class="preference">

<input type="checkbox" value="american"> American Whiskey</div>

<div class="preference">

<input type="checkbox" value="canadian"> Canadian Whiskey</div>

<div class="preference-2">

<input type="checkbox" value="scotch"> Scotch</div>

<div class="preference-3">

<input type="checkbox" value="irish"> Irish Whiskey</div>

<div class="preference-4">

<input type="checkbox" value="japanese"> Japanese Whiskey</div>

<div class="preference-5">

<input type="checkbox" value="other"> Other</div>

<!--Favorite Way To Drink Whiskey -->

<label><b><p>What is your favorite way to drink whiskey?</p></b></label>

<div class="method1"><input type="radio" name="method"> Straight / Neat</input></div>

<div class="method2"><input type="radio" name="method"> With Ice</input></div>

<div class="method3"><input type="radio" name="method"> With Water</input></div>

<div class="method4"><input type="radio" name="method"> In A Cocktail</input></div>

<!--Types of Whiskey You Would Like Info On-->

<label><b><p>What would you like more information on?</p></b></label>

<div class="info-1"><input type="checkbox" name="info" value="new"> New Whiskey Drinkers Guide</input></div>

<div class="info-2"><input type="checkbox" name="info" value="single"> Single Barrel Programs</input></div>

<div class="info-3"><input type="checkbox" name="info" value="releases"> New Releases</input></div>

<div class="info-4"><input type="checkbox" name="info" value="reviews"> Reviews</input></div>

<footer>

<!--Whiskey Introduction -->

<textarea class="intro" name="favorite" placeholder="My introduction to whiskey was...(optional)" rows="4" cols="40"></textarea>

</footer>

<hr>

<input type="checkbox" class="promotions"> By checking this box, you agree to receive emails and promotional offers according to our <a href="https:www.freecodecamp.org" class="terms" name="terms">Terms of Service</a></input>

<p><input type="submit" value="Submit" id="submit"> </input></p>

</form>

</body>

</html>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Regarding the <h1 id="title">, you have it in the title tag.(the #description also)
I dont think the tests check for code in the head/ title elements.
The <head> element is not meant for the content of a html code, its used for <meta> elements, <link>, title, etc, not for h1, p, div, etc.

You will have to give the id to a h1 that is not in the <head> tag.
For example, you can give the #title to the <h1> in the <header> and the id of description to the <p> in the <header> element.

You haven’t completed all the user stories, you will have to go through your code again.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.