Building form step 30

so i’m stuck on this one, he ask me to nest label in the select option but the text must be before the option, i’ll try i think avery option that i can, maybe i’m missing something…

ERROR:

Test

Sorry, your code does not pass. Try again.

Hint

You should place the text before the select element.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
   <title>Registration Form</title>
	  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
 </head>
 <body>
   <h1>Registration Form</h1>
   <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
   <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
     <fieldset>
       <label>Enter Your First Name: <input type="text" required /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input type="text" required /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Email: <input type="email" required /></label>
       <label>Create a New Password: <input type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset>
       <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
       <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
       <label>
         <input type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
			  </label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset>
       <label>Upload a profile picture: <input type="file" /></label>
       <label>Input your age (years): <input type="number" min="13" max="120" />
			  </label>
       <label> How did you hear about us? 
         <select>
         <option></option>
         <option></option>
         <option></option>
         <option></option>
         <option></option>
         </select> 
         </label>
     </fieldset>
     <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
   </form>
 </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
 width: 100%;
 height: 100vh;
 margin: 0;
 background-color: #1b1b32;
	color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
	display: block;
	margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 30

Link to the challenge:

Why did you add a space before “How…”?

1 Like

as kevinSmith says, in this type of test be sure that the text you introduce is EXACTLY equal to the required, otherwise the test will fail even if your code is right

first of all thank you for the help!
i know in some cases they ask me to add space before the word, but in some i see that it’s must be whitout, maybe can you explein in witch cases it’s must be and in witch it’s don’t?

Adding whitespace in between elements usually has no effect. You have to be careful adding in spaces in text though, that can affect what shows on the screen. In this case it doesn’t seem to affect the screen but the test may not be able to account for it - you can’t write a test that will account for everything.

Notice that it affects what is in the DOM:
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.51.15 PM

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.51.36 PM

Again, it doesn’t seem to affect what is on the screen in this case, but it all depends on how the test is written. It was just the first thing that I noticed when I looked at it, a space for no particular reason.

1 Like

Thank you a lot for excellent explanation!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.