"Button or Input" Building a Quiz - Step 41

Tell us what’s happening:
I tried adding the input type submit in between the form content, didn’t like that, but it showed up. It asks for Button or Input method. Then I tried button with various text in between, didn’t like that either. It told me to place it in between form content. Which it is. I added and removed id and class elements same result. I could not find any helpful form chats so here is my code. I blocked out the button just to show my code and test between the input and button.

Your code so far

<form method="post" action="https://freecodecamp.org/practice-project/accessibility-quiz">
        <section role="region" aria-labelledby="student-info">
             <textarea id="css-questions" name="css-questions" rows="5" cols="24" placeholder="Who is flexbox..."></textarea>
            </div>
            <input type="submit" value="Submit">
            <!--<button>Send</button>-->
          </div>
        </section>

</form>
    </main>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 41

Link to the challenge:

Put the button just above the form closing tag.

Also this is not the correct value in order to display Send

Ok, besides the value that was changed for testing, why does the input of button code need to be just above the form closing tag? What is wrong with it being above the section tag or in between a div?

when you entered the step at the beginning (or when you reset the step), do you see an empty line just above the form closing tag?
This is a clue as to where the test is expecting you to type.
Also logically, the button should not go inside a section. As a section is a way to organize the form or the information presented and so adding the button to a single section even though it submits the whole form, seems wrong to me.
I think if you put it anywhere, even in the middle of some text, it will still work as a button. It is just not a good way to organize the html document.

Ok understood. So it would have worked, but not been structured correctly. And that is why my code did not pass. Thank you again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.