Cafe Web Step 79

The default color of a link that has not yet been clicked on is typically blue. The default color of a link that has already been visited from a page is typically purple.

To make the footer links the same color regardless if a link has been visited, use a type selector for the anchor element (a) and use the value black for the color property.

Code wouldn’t work and this had me stumped looked at multiple sources this was my code:

a: visited {
color: black;
}

To select all anchor elements just use the a selector (no colon or the word visited should be included)

1 Like

Hey thanks for trying to help but even this code wouldn’t pass me:

a {
color: black;
}

Your solution works from my end. Please try one of the following steps to move forward.

Click on the “Restart Step” button and force a refresh of your page with CTRL + F5 then try to paste the code in again.

or - Try the step in incognito or private mode.

or - Disable any/all extensions that interface with the freeCodeCamp website (such as Dark Mode, Ad Blockers, or Spellcheckers), and set your browser zoom level to 100%. Both of these factors can cause tests to fail erroneously.

or - Ensure your browser is up-to-date or try a different browser.

I hope one of these will work for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.