Calculator Feedback - Includes a puzzle mode!

Hey all, I am looking to get some feedback on my calculator: React Calculator.

I took a lot of time on this one trying to make a nice polished piece for my portfolio. To that end, I’ve added a few features above and beyond the FCC requirements like a light/dark mode, a sound option, made the calculator inputs work with keypress instead of just clicks, and added a tileslide puzzle as a nod to those times back in HS where I’d rock on out some games with my graphing calc. Although, the puzzle is not quite the same thing, pretty happy with the way it turned out! I also did not use the eval() method to handle the calculator input and instead hand coded it, which was challenging , but fun. Please play around and see if you notice anything amiss. Would appreciate any feedback!

Nice work, it’s really an appealing tool!

Try to disable the text cursor on buttons, and disallow for user selection. This would probably make it even like an small app instead of a web page :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! That is a really awesome suggestion about disabling user highlighting/selection, I don’t think I would have ever thought about or noticed it unless you had pointed it out. Adds another notch of making the calc look clean.

1 Like