Call me a tree I’m stumped

Tell us what’s happening: what am I missing I’m sorry i even have to ask I feel so dum but can someone assist me ple

Your code so far

<!--
<h1>Hello World<h1>
-->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!--
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff</p>
-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_4_9 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1.

Challenge: Comment out HTML

Link to the challenge:

Hi @JmanFire. Welcome to FCC. You have removed some spacing in your answer. I guess that is why the test is failing. Check below.

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-->

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<!--
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

Hi there,

Sometimes, you may want to “comment out” code so that it de-activated, so to speak. To do that in html, you enclose the code like so:

<!--
Code here won't work. It's commented out
-->

Hope this helps.

I m still confused, what spacing , sorry I’m super new but want to grasp this fully lol, what exactly did I do wrong so I can understand it, I’m probably Overthinking this and it’s embarrassing lol,

I’m confused on why it’s saying to not change the order how do I fix that, that’s the part I’m not other understanding,

Hi @JmanFire. I think it is because you are missing / somewhere in <h1>Hello World</h1>. The spacing has no effect on the test. Even if it has been commented out, the test expects it to be unaltered. My bad.

EDIT.
Don’t overthink it. The lesson is just to teach you how to make comment in HTML code. And knowing what <!-- --> does is enough. Unfortunately the error message is not really informative enough to trace the cause of the error.

1 Like