{
    return (max+min)/2.0;
  };
})();

// change code above this line

console.log(stats); // should be object
console.log(half(stats)); // should be 28.015

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) coc_coc_browser/80.0.180 Chrome/74.0.3729.180 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Use Destructuring Assignment to Pass an Object as a Function’s Parameters

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/use-destructuring-assignment-to-pass-an-object-as-a-functions-parameters

So the original was a function that looked something like this:

const half = (stats) => (stats.max + stats.min) / 2.0; 

So half is a variable that holds a function. That function takes a parameter, stats, and calculates the mid-point. The purpose of the lesson was to remove the word stats from the formula, and instead use object deconstruction in the parameter, thus having two variables, min and max, which are equal to the primitive values stored inside stats.

In your code, you have a function half that is the result of an IFFE, creating a closure around… well, not much. You create the closure, and return the function itself to half, rather than simply changing the parameters to the given function.

Your code does return the proper result. But the closure is interfering with the test, because it’s giving considerably more than the test actually wanted. Your code is not giving a wrong answer to the half question, simply a wrong answer to the lesson itself.

Remove the IIFE, and simply use destructuring on the function originally being assigned to half. Basically, remove the wrapping IIFE, and you should pass fine.

1 Like

I’m thanks very much :(( I understood