Can someone explain : Debugging: Understanding the Differences between the freeCodeCamp and Browser Console

I dont understand this lesson

1 Like

me neither :sweat_smile: and I’m doing the projects

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :grinning:

Can you please give the challenge link?

I don’t understand what you don’t understand.

First, use console.log to log the output variable. Then, use console.clear to clear the browser console.

1 Like

He is saying that he can’t understand the difference between freeCodeCamp’s console and browser console.

The difference b\w fcc console and browser console

1 Like

That I don’t understand either. :sleepy:

2 Likes

Hey @snc.diff!

This FCC debugging section is meant to teach you how to test your code in the browser using console.log.

Up until this point of the Javascript lessons, FCC has been testing your code behind the scenes. However, when you are not using the FCC environment and writing code for your own projects it will help to test your code to make sure it is doing what it is supposed to do.

Here is a great video on how to use the google chrome developer tools. For the section on console.log you can skip to the 21 minute mark. Even though this video uses chrome, all browsers will have developer tools.

Hope this helps!

Happy coding!

2 Likes

A console isn’t some magical stuff, it’s just an implementation.
So the FCC console is an implementation built into the FCC website,
the Browser console is an implementation built into the Browser.

I know this sounds abstract, but you can think about it like this:

• you create some requirements for a website
  • person A builds it
  • person B builds it

Both used the requirements to build the website, but both websites will look different. Person A could even add an iframe into their website to show Person B’s website on their website.

Now you can think about this again, but replace website with console.

3 Likes

That was a world class explanation @miku86!

so , that means fcc console is accessing my console ,or my console is accessing fcc .