Can someone help me fix this error

i’ve tried a lot still cant figure it out.

Difficult to see but I think it’s the linebreak after {0.user}
Because the ’ is on the next line the statement isn’t recognised as a string.

It’s extremely difficult to help debug code from a screenshot. Could you please share your code?

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Whitespace is important in python, as that what it uses differentiate code blocks, function bodies, etc.

If code needs a “soft wrap” but you don’t want a hard new line, or carriage return to be interpreted as the end of a statement, you can use a backslash character \ to tell Python that the current line is a continuation of the previous line.

Python Line Continuation

Python Statements

oh, thanks a lot should I do the same step every time it shows me a syntax error?

Well that depends on what the cause of the syntax error is… different situations can still cause syntax errors.

But for this case, and other cases like it, yes, break the line with a \.

What is a syntax error?

Fix Syntax Errors in Python

Python Errors And Exceptions

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.