font-size: 20px;
}

/* Only change code below this line */

@media (max-height: 800px) { 
  p { font-size: 10px;
  }

/* Only change code above this line */
</style>

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus quis tempus massa. Aenean erat nisl, gravida vel vestibulum cursus, interdum sit amet lectus. Sed sit amet quam nibh. Suspendisse quis tincidunt nulla. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Ut sit amet pretium nisl. Vivamus vel mi sem. Aenean sit amet consectetur sem. Suspendisse pretium, purus et gravida consequat, nunc ligula ultricies diam, at aliquet velit libero a dui.</p>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.82 Safari/537.36 Edg/89.0.774.50.

Challenge: Create a Media Query

Link to the challenge:

Cant figure out what im doing wrong here, ive watched the tutorial and feel my code is exactly the same

You are missing a curly brace at the end.

@media (max-height: 800px) { 
  p { font-size: 10px;
  }
<!--missing curly brace-->

thanks for the help! I still cant figure this out, know i’m being stupid but haven’t i already put the curly brace there?

ok, so i added another brace and it did work. why is this?

It would help to see your updated code to test it on our end.
But if you properly closed out that media query with the curly brace then it might be an issue with the browser.

I am able to pass with my chrome browser with no extensions.

Please ensure that you have disabled any extensions that interface with the freeCodeCamp website (such as Dark Mode and Ad Blocker), and set your browser zoom level to 100%. Both of these factors can cause tests to fail erroneously.

you need one closing brace for the p selector, and one for the media query

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.