Cant pass whats wrong with my answer

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

var myStr = "I am a /"double qouted/" string inside /"double quotes/" // Change this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.77 Safari/537.36 Edg/91.0.864.41

Challenge: Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings

Link to the challenge:

hey, you have to use backslash \

???

typo?

var myStr = "I am a /"double quoted/" string inside /"double quotes/""; // Change this line

Do you have a question?

no matter what i try i cant pass Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings

What is the error message? In what ways does your code differ from the sample?

var sampleStr = "Alan said, \"Peter is learning JavaScript\".";
1 Like

oi tried everything i cant pss that

Please actually interact with me.

1 Like

i’ll try to to do it s=again it keeps failing me i done everything peoole said

I’ll settle for one answer. The easy one. Please just answer my question… What does the failing test say?

SyntaxError: unknown: Missing semicolon. (1:14)

1 | var myStr = "“I am a /“double qouted/” string inside /“double quotes/””; // Change this line
| ^

Thank you for actually interacting with me.

This means that you have a syntax problem. Javascript doesn’t know what you wrote.

You wrote

The example is

Can you see a very small difference between the two sets of quotation marks?

sorry i was trying so hard all afternoon to fix it thats all i do then

i appreciate your time and help one last question which example am i supposed to use the tutorial told me the bottom one ,but people on here are saying the peter one

Nowhere did I tell you to use a different sentence. I asked how your code is different than the example (a question you strangely refused to answer).

You need to use the sentence with the phrase “double quoted”. But you need to put your slash in the correct direction like was shown in the example.

I wanted you to actually look at and compare the example and your code.

i truly appreciate your time and patience you just helped me understand why i wasn’t passing. i wasn’t purposly ignoring you i was honestly just trying to figure it out thats all hope you have a good night

1 Like

I’m glad you figured it out in the end!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.