Cant update my progress

I cant update my progress in API and micro-services projects

even though I completed the project my progress is not saved
I am using OPERA as my browser and I also tried the same in MOZILLA firefox it still dosent work so what shall I do now, my internet connection and the rest of the things are fine

Hello~!

Just to double check, when that screen pops up you are clicking the “Submit and go to next challenge” button, yes?

I have,
Initially i clicked ctrl + enter but when I saw no updates the next time i clicked submit and go to next challenge button an it still doesnt work

So, to confirm, after you’ve hit that button, if you return to the curriculum map you do not see a checkmark by the Timestamp Microservices project?

yes I do not see a tick mark

My apologies for responding with such a delay :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Hello there,

Could you try hitting submit again, but, this time, open your browser devTools, and share any errors which may appear?

These are the errors before submitting the code

and this is after clicking the submit button

you need to give a link that is publicly available online. localhost:5000 is not such a thing, you need to host your project somewhere. I don’t know if that’s the issue, but just to clarify.

It actually worked up until now without an issue I initially was using hiroku as a platform but since it worked i decided to do it like this. If this is the problem I actually have the inquiry that Why is this so? I mean if it is just on my computer soo… it should work if it is’nt then I dont understand the proper working of localhost so please suggest some place where I can study more about it and thank you so much I will give it a try and update here ASAP.

UPDATE:
thanks to @ieahleen my problem is solved, if anyone runs into a similar problem host your solution on a public server like repl, glitch or herocu it will work, I actually dont know why localhost didnt work but this works, thank you

A localhost link does not work because it is not publicly viewable. :slight_smile:

yes but then i think it shouldnt have checked in for the tests in the first place, I guess its something in the FCC server side that I dont understand :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: Sorry for making such a silly query and thanks a lot for bearing with it despite of it being silly @nhcarrigan :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

if you use localhost, then it’s just in your computer, so it can’t be reached by other things on the internet

Yes I get that but it passed the tests on freecodecamp which means that it was reached out by FCC soo… I am confused :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: