Can't we all work on some major project together?

I’m new to this place… but seeing the amount of members can’t we all start a major project and work on it together and build something amazing?! I don’t know what it is or I may be in the wrong place but that’s just what I thought of initially when I joined freeCodeCamp. We need an idea and I’m pretty sure someone over here has something that they dream about, its possible to make that dream a reality If we all contribute towards it.

1 Like

freeCodeCamp is geared toward people who are completely new to programming, so a single giant project would be intimidating to newcomers, to say nothing of unmanageable what with the tens of thousands of active participants. However, there are a few large projects for graduates of the FCC program to work on, under the umbrella of Open Source for Good

FCC is moving away from isolated lessons and toward a project-centered curriculum (though still individual projects, not collaborative). See this forum post for more details:

2 Likes

FreeCodeCamp?

Open Source for Good? (Softwares for non profit organisations)
https://www.freecodecamp.org/nonprofits/

1 Like

Also, as @ilenia alluded to, freeCodeCamp itself is a rather large open-source project that welcomes contributions, from all levels, in everything from the curriculum to the guide to the platform itself.

2 Likes

Thanks @chuckadams @ilenia for directing me to the Open Source for Good webpage :slight_smile: