Career advice on front-end development

Hi, my name is massih I’ve been learning front-end web development for the past one and a half year, currently I am studying react and I’m doing my bachelor’s in computer science. I want to get a job as a junior developer but I’m struggling to find one and I’m not very confident with my coding skills although I spent a good amount of time studying and building projects, I mean sometimes I get stuck for long time on some projects and it’s coding. Any advice in sharpening my skills, changing my mindset and finding a job would me much appreciated.
This is my github

Also I’m looking for internships any guidance on that would be great?

Hello, this is Gulshan Negi
I am also a Software Developer and have been working in this field since 2016. Therefore, I would like to share my personal experience with you. First of all, I will recommend that you keep learning and don’t talk about confidence because it is all about your mindset. If you feel that you do not have enough confidence in your coding skills, then I will recommend that instead of doing the job immediately, you can give three to four more months to yourself to boost your skills. Once you work hard on your skills, then getting a job is going to be very easy.
Thanks

3 Likes

This depends heavily on specifics like what city you live in, what your current resume looks like, and what you’ve studied so far in your CS degree. I can try to form some opinions if you’re willing to add those resources as well.

In terms of your repo, I recommend adding everything you do in your degree there so that it doesn’t look like coding is just a hobby

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.