Cert Project: Build a tribute page

OK so Im done with the project but Im getting the following 3 errors:

• You should have an a element with an id of tribute-link.

• Failed: Your #tribute-link should have an href attribute and value.

Failed: Your #tribute-link should have a target attribute set to _blank.

My code:

<pee class="tribute-link"-If you have time, you should read more about this incredible human being on his 
        <@ id="tribute-link" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/<Norman_Borlaug" target="_blank">Wikipedia entry.</@>
        </pee...

When I first posted my code, this system didnt include the code, just the finished product. So I have intentionally edited the code with errors here so it can be seen. i.e. changing a to @ and p to pee and > to -

When you take these intentional errors into consideration when analyzing this code, I cant see what else is wrong. Everything looks right to me…

Thanks for the help!

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Can you post your code again? I can’t understand what’s going on there

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Thanks for the tip about the backticks. The forum was posting the result of my code instead of the code itself. Heres the code:

<p class="tribute-link">If you have time, you should read more about this incredible human being on his 
<a id="tribute-link" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/<Norman_Borlaug" target="_blank">Wikipedia entry.</a>
        </p>```

Heres the result of my code:

If you have time, you should read more about this incredible human being on his Wikipedia entry.

The output and the code are both correct according to the instructions from what I can tell. I have no idea what I am missing.

i would check if you are usink that id anywhere else in the page - remember ids must be used only once

Wow. That was it. I had a div element with the same ID. Project officially complete. Thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.