Cert. Project survey form

The error: Every radio button group should have at least 2 radio buttons.
The problem: I’ve done and undone the Button puzzle in a hundred different ways and it still not letting me pass. i made an outside group of buttons and it wasn’t accepted (idk what version of the code snippet i pasted here since I’ve copy pasted this code a hundred times already to outside validators)
i probably don’t know how to create buttons at this point. lol

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head> 
    <meta charset="UTF=8" lang="en">
    <title="Ramen survey">
   <head>
     <h1 id="title">Ramen Survey</h1>
     <p id="description"> Ramen noodles are a very popular dish in the united states that originated in asia.Despite his popularity in asia it has migrated to other international markets incluiding the United States.But which country prefers what brand of ramen over the other??? which of the popular brands is most consumed between asia and the united states?? your answer is importat to unveil this questions.</p>
     <body>
       <form id="survey-form">
         <input id="name" type="text" required placeholder="Put your name here">
           <label id="name-label">Put your name here</label>
         <input id="email" type="email" required placeholder="Put your email here">
            <label id="email-label">Put your email here</label>
         <input id="number" type="number" min="18" max="99" placeholder="put your number here">
            <label id="number-label">Put your number here</label>
         <select id="dropdown">
           <option>Nissin</option>
           <option>Maruchan</option>
           </select>
           <input type="radio" value="Nissin" name="Nissin" radio="button">
       </body>
  </html>
1 Like

Button looks like this:

<button name="click" type="checkbox">CLICK</button>

You need 4 buttons but with the type attribute set to "radio".

1 Like

@SkippySkippedYou, can you please post a link to the challenge? It’s best if you use the Help button on a challenge after you’ve tried to submit a few times because that will automatically post your code, a link to the challenge, and some helpful diagnostic information when someone goes to help out!

@anon86258595, A <button> element would never have a type of checkbox that would do anything. While you can add the attribute type="checkbox" to a <button> (because you can really add any attributes all over the place in HTML) it will not do anything because a <button> is a clickable block and has different functionality than a checkbox or radio button.

To create a checkbox , or radio button, they would need to be an <input> element. It’s a little confusing because it’s called a “radio button” but we just have to make sure it’s the correct element so that it renders correctly on the page.

2 Likes

the button doesn’t appear on the usual corner. i am doing the Certificate project. I’m using a chrome and running freecodecamp through google chrome SE.

Oh okay yes I see what you’re on now. For the radio buttons, you just need to make sure you have at least 2 of them that are in the same grouping. What that means it that they have the same name attribute because that is what groups them together. And then give each of the radio buttons a different value within that group so that if a user clicks on one of those radio buttons, they are only selecting one choice.

An example of this is something like “What flavor of Ramen do you enjoy the most?” and then you have two radio buttons with a name of favoriteRamen and you might have Nissan and Maruchan in the radio buttons like this:

<input type="radio" name="favoriteRamen" value="Nissin">
<input type="radio" name="favoriteRamen" value="Maruchan">

Those radio buttons are now grouped together since they share the name favoriteRamen and the user can only select one option from that group. Each time you give an input element with type="radio" a different name, it puts it into a different group.

So now, the user has selected only one of those available options, which is their favorite flavor of Ramen. Just make sure you put labels out beside each radio button because the radio buttons don’t have any text that they display by default.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.