Certificate projects

So we have to do projects in order to get the certificate, but my question is, since we was able to customize it, am I able to use it for my own personal use? or does FreeCodeCamp kind of owns it now so I wouldn’t be able to use it? I tried to word my question the best way I can so I apologize if it doesn’t really make sense.

Are you asking if you can use the freeCodeCamp projects as your own? I would say yes but it is important to give credit to FCC. So maybe including in your footer that the project was a part of or inspired by the freeCodeCamp curriculum.

Yes, that is what I’m asking , and thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

It is your work, fCC doesn’t own anything. But you do give the rights for your content to be shared.

Content you submit to the website belongs to you, and you decide what permission to give others for it. But at a minimum, you license the company to provide content that you submit to the website to other users of the website. That special license allows the company to copy, publish, and analyze content you submit to the website.

1 Like

Another point is that for the QA certification projects for instance, a significant amount of the code is provided in the boilerplate, including full HTML, jQuery, server code and other stuff, so the work you actually complete yourself is restricted to logic, routing and other bits and pieces.

The Sudoku Solver for instance only really requires you to figure out the logic for solving, the basic routing code and the QA tests. The complete frontend and the API fetch requests etc are all provided and much of it is stuff which hasn’t been covered in any detail previously in the curriculum so you wouldn’t necessarily understand it unless you go through it line by line and figure it all out as I did.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know