Challenge stuck

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

My challenge says to wrap Stanford University in strong elements, while excluding the dot which i have done but it keeps pointing at me not wrapping it in strong elements, and i have checked the solution and it’s same as what i currently have, and i’m still unable to move forward with this. Unsure what to do.
Your code so far

<style>
h4 {
  text-align: center;
  height: 25px;
}
p {
  text-align: justify;
}
.links {
  text-align: left;
  color: black;
}
.fullCard {
  width: 245px;
  border: 1px solid #ccc;
  border-radius: 5px;
  margin: 10px 5px;
  padding: 4px;
}
.cardContent {
  padding: 10px;
}
.cardText {
  margin-bottom: 30px;
}
</style>
<div class="fullCard">
<div class="cardContent">
  <div class="cardText">
    <h4>Google</h4>
    <p>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at <strong> Stanford University </strong>.</p>
  </div>
  <div class="cardLinks">
    <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Page" target="_blank" class="links">Larry Page</a><br><br>
    <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Brin" target="_blank" class="links">Sergey Brin</a>
  </div>
</div>
</div>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.110 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Use the strong Tag to Make Text Bold

Link to the challenge:

Your strong tags are wrapped around space Stanford University space
The instructions tell you to wrap the strong tags around Stanford University

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Please pay attention to what html “is”. It’s a markup language, meaning the html-tags mark the text and add behavior (like making it bold, turning it into a hyperlink, and so on…). This means, everything that ISN’T html (especially text) will be put onto the page for users to read.
So while in coding you might use spaces and tabs to make it easier to read, in html you have to pay attention if those spaces are part of visible text or not. As it can make things look less polished and unprofessional.

Thank you very much for the explanation. It’s clearer now.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.