Changing my username

Changing my username
0.0 0

I would like to change the random string of characters that is my username in my profile (not forum profile) back to the one I had originally, and which is the same as my Github/Codepen/LinkedIn/Twitter etc, but when I go to change it is says the username is unavailable. I’m guessing that’s because I used it when I registered originally!

I am still using the same profile as my projects and progress is the same, but I would like my username back please :frowning:

You can log in to your original account and delete it (or change the username). If you want to merge the two accounts, you can email team@freecodecamp.org with the details of both accounts. If you choose to do that, please be patient. There’s a lot going on right now.

How do I log in to my original account? As far as I am aware, I am still using my original account, though I can’t remember if I used to log in using Github before the changes happened. Thanks.

You would need to log in with the email address associated with your old account. If you are seeing a different username when you log in then you either had a different address associated with your account, or you never added an email address to your old account.

Sorted it, thank you so much :smiley: