Check out my random quote machine: any feedback appreciated!

Check out my random quote machine: any feedback appreciated!
0.0 0

Hi there! Here is the link to my random quote machine. I kept it simple, I hope you like it! Let me know what you think or what you would change! Thanks :slight_smile:

I like the clean look and it works great. Here are my two cents:

• Why is the Twitter button at the top? I agree that from an aesthetic point of view it looks great. It balances nicely the button at the bottom. But functionally it feels weird. Usually the action would be displayed after the data. I don’t know why, I think it comes from the reading direction. I’d try to place it either to the right of the quote or underneath but I have no clue how to make it look as nice.

• In the tweet, the name of the author is preceded by a #. That might work well for single names like Shakespeare but it doesn’t work all that well for names with spaces, and there are a lot of them. Some are not even people names. The first time I tried it I had #Japanese proverb, next time #Lao Tzu.

• You might want to trim the quote strings. Some have trailing spaces. I saw a quote where the closing double quote was sitting on its own line because of this.

Good points :slight_smile:
I replaced the # with a - instead. I don’t use Twitter so I didn’t realize it was a problem when it was more than one word :slight_smile:
I also trimed the quote strings, it looks better now!
For the place of the Twitter button, it’s only an aesthetic choice. I don’t really like how it looks when it’s placed elswhere, and I don’t have other elements to place at the top.
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Hi alaindeuxtrois,
i had a peruse through your code and it’s very tidy and easy to read.
I also like your simple design approach to this challenge.
Well done.

Cheers
RockLobster7

Thank you for your feedbach!