Cheeseburger Tribute Page

Phew, I redid this three times and I finally have a page I’m proud of! I chose to do my tribute page about Cheeseburgers, because cheeseburgers are worthy of tribute.

I have a few tiny glitches I want to work out when viewed on mobile, but I think everything is is working and responding pretty well. I added Navigation because the page is pretty big. I so still need to add an icon to indicate the navigation scrolls on shorter screens.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks good to me! :slight_smile: Congratulations!

1 Like

Hi! :slight_smile: Your page looks good, but I do have a couple of comments that you may want to revisit:

• You have an extra double quote on line 4 and it’s messing your navigation menu links.
  • As for responsiveness, the text is getting too small on smaller screens and I’d suggest you find another way to organize the navigation menu so that it’s not on the side and taking up such a big portion of the screen.
  • You should make a habit of always specifying a meaningful alt attribute for your images (it helps with accessibility and search engine optimization).
  • In CSS, you have an empty #section1 selector and a two declarations for #bodyTextImg.

Other than this, good job and good luck going forward! :smile:

2 Likes

You should be proud! WOW.
Also hilarious.
(I am a vegetarian and have been for many years. I miss cheeseburgers more than steak)

1 Like

@nenadi86 @bonheur Thank you so much <3 I worked so hard on it :slight_smile: I have kind of a weird sense of humor, so I thought making a cheeseburger tribute page would be funny.

@kristina_v Thank you so much! I knew the font size was glitchy, that was one of the responsive issues on my list to fix. I’ll have to think hard on the navigation. It’s such a big page not having one isn’t a great option. I’m about to dive back into this page and your comments are super helpful! I’ll be sure to work on each one!

1 Like

@Jessicajoy I get hungry every time I visit your page :slight_smile:
I am sorry that I am not not so technically in the subject, so help of @kristina_v was really great and she opened my eyes in terms of what I should watch in the future to be of more help for FCC community. Looking forward to have you guys commenting my projects when it comes time for it. Keep your fingers crossed :slight_smile: Cheers from Serbia!

2 Likes

I’ve updated this page to reflect critique, fixed the font size, removed the menu which was taking up too much space, and have started adding Alts, but that will take some time to complete :slight_smile: