Chingu Cohorts?

What is chingu cohorts?

I would really like to get experience working remotely in teams on basic front end projects and based on the little information I found about the subject, I applied by filling up a form on their website but havent heard back from them.

Based on the tiers mentioned on the website, I selected tier 1 to help build landing pages. I have completed responsive front end certification and a few sections on JS on fcc, and learned C in cs50 course which I have finished until week 3. I would say that I can work on html, css, js, c and bootstrap properly. So I guess selection tier 1 was the right choice?

My long term aim is to be able to work remotely while traveling and I believe chingu cohorts will be a great opportunity to get experience in the same. It would be great if someone could point me to a resource that has info about how to go about being a part of a team and what the requirements are?

Or if someone has worked with teams on there in the past, please share how your experience was.

Cheers!
:slight_smile:

I’m currently in Chingu Voyage 9, and 10 just barely started, so be at least a few weeks before you hear anything. I don’t know for sure when the next voyage will start. Voyage 9 ends around the 14th so may be somewhere around there maybe.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I guess I will wait till I hear back.
How difficult is it to get accepted in teir 1?

Also, if you have any advise for someone looking to join in the voyages please share.

Cheers!
:slight_smile:

There is two phases to each voyage, the pre-work state and then the main voyage, the pre-work for tier one is and asigned clone project where you will take some sites page and try to make as close as possible a clone of it. I belive the pre-work part is just solo. You’ll have about 11 days to do this.

The Voyage however you can either do solo or with a partner. You will pick a project to do with your team mate and attempt to get that project done with in the allowed timeframe, about 6 weeks.

Also just noticed glancing at my “handbook”

Cohort 11 Schedule ( tentative )

August 14 - October 14, 2019

1 Like

That sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.
I guess if the next schedule starts August 14, I have plenty of time to brush up my skills.

I hope I hear from them before Cohort 11 starts.

Cheers!