Chunky Monkey : Why doesnt this work

This code works as far as getting even number of sub arrays, like [2,3],[5,7] in [2,3,5,7],2
but it doesnt do the remaining elements if there are some left over as in [2,3,5,7,6],3 so the left over ones would be [7,6]. This should be taken care of by the code that follows the ending bracket of the first for loop, but somehow it doesnt work. Am I missing something on the scope level for the arrCtr value? Doesnt let when used outside any loops create a global variable?

Your code so far

function chunkArrayInGroups(arr, size) {
  let len=arr.length;
  let divArr=[];
  let newArr=[];
  let numDiv=len/size;
  var arrCtr=0;
  let remainElements=len%size;
  for (let divNum=0; divNum<numDiv; divNum++)
  {
    divArr=[];
    for (let element=0; element< size; element++)
    {
      divArr.push(arr[arrCtr++]);
    }
    newArr.push(divArr);
  }
  divArr=[];
  if (remainElements>0)
  {
    for (let i=0; i<remainElements; i++)
    {
      divArr.push(arr[arrCtr++]);
    }
    newArr.push(divArr);
  }
  return newArr;
}

chunkArrayInGroups(["a", "b", "c", "d"], 2);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.169 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-algorithm-scripting/chunky-monkey

Ha ha ha ha. Now I see what they say when they say it is harder for someone who knows a language to learn another language. Im used to programming in java and default integer division, and I overlooked the fact that I get floating division by default in javascript. All I had to do was change the

let numDiv=len/size;

to

let numDiv=Math.floor(len/size);