Clone Everything! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ with React

First of all. If you have an idea of a cool component to clone from a popular website let me know. Nothing is too small, but it would be nice if it had some complexity to it. Cloning an <h1> wouldn’t be too hard.

Based on my experience and in my humble opinion… BOME & IMHO :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

A great way to learn new skills, challenge your brain power and get super frustrated is to clone a popular website. You could even clone an unpopular one but its not as much fun. And folks at any level can do it.

I have always been a big fan of YouTube, I spend most of my day with it open. I am working on a full stack clone right now. Along the way I decided to make mini tutorials based on tiny sections of the YouTube UI. I plan on adding stuff from other sites as well.

All videos are done using React and Styled Components. I figured I would post up some links here because I know there are a lot of people using React.

The GIF below is a component used to enter tags when a user uploads a video. It seems simple when used but it has a fair amount of functionality built into a small space.

Link to Playlist - React Clone Components

tags-2

Another pic of a YouTube description. I learned how to format and parse user input and find urls, timestamps and hashtags then turn them into links.(without an npm library).