Code disappears in WebsiteBaker

I’m using the WebsiteBaker CMS to manage my homepage, with the help of a template. Now I’m learning to code and I wanted to try out some of the code inside my homepage. Namely the “press submit button” within a field. I created a new page and put in this:

<p>Cats love stuff</p>
   <form action="https://www.freecatphotoapp.com/submit-cat-photo">
    <input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL">
    <button type="submit">Submit</button>
  </form>

Then I saved the page, and the code just disappeared and is replaced by:

<p>Cats love stuff</p>
<p>Submit</p>

Is the CMS simply deleting my code? I was hoping to one day design my website from scratch (so creating my own template, I guess) inside WebsiteBaker, because the layout is so user-friendly and I’m used to it.

EDIT: LOL The code disappeared here to. So just to show you what I put in, here is the code without the brackets:

p Cats love stuff /p
   form action="https://www.freecatphotoapp.com/submit-cat-photo"
    input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL"
    button type="submit"  Submit  /button
  /form

Hope this works

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Thank you for taking the time to explain and edit this, Ilenia. I will use the correct formatting in the future. :slight_smile:

I don’t know that app but the site looks pretty outdated. Anyway, I think it is using PHP. I’d be surprised if they didn’t have a form module/add-on (or whatever they call it) you can look at. Maybe check their forum.

If you want to use a site builder I’m pretty sure there are better options, like Wix, Wordpress, Webflow, or whatever is the most popular now. If you do want a WYSIWYG editor for local development I’m not sure what to suggest. The last WYSIWYG editor I remember using was Dreamweaver way back in the day.

Actually, I want to follow this course precisely because I do not want to have to rely on site builders, as I never find a template that is precisely the way I want. I used Dreamweaver too, about 15 years ago, but it isn’t an option now, as it’s paid, and my awesome friend who built my website sadly passed away. So I use WebsiteBaker, I prefer its interface to Wordpress, hoping to one day rebuilt my new website from scratch just the way I want it. :slight_smile:

Trust me, the demo sites I saw on that page builder site you can learn to build within a month or two of concentrated learning (depending on how much spare time you have).

You might not be writing the greatest HTML/CSS at that point, and it won’t be as easy as doing drag and drop, but it is very doable.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.