<!--code--!> need help

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<!--code--!>
<h1><!--code>Hello World</>!--code>
<h2><!--code>CatPhotoApp</h2></!--code>
<p><!--code> Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet,shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p><!--code>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 11895.118.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.159 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html

if you want to add comments to your code you need to use <!-- to start the comment and --> to end the comment

Comment out your h1 element so that it is not visible on your page.

Leave your h2 element uncommented so that it is visible on your page.

Cannot read property ‘length’ of null

so what do I do?

I suggest you reset the code

and then, without changing anything else, you need to make sure to have the comment tags where needed

if you need to have the h1 element commented out make sure to have an opening comment tag before the h1 element and a closing comment tag after the h1 element

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

this is a comment, it starts with <!-- and end with -->, and code is the content of the comment

you have removed the h1, h2 and p tags, but the challenge asks you to not change those
the only thing you need to do in this challenge is add/remove comment tags, if you touch anything else you are not doing what the challenge asks yoi

that’s not how comment works…
<!-- open the comment, --> closes the comment, and in the middle you out what you want and it will not appear in the web page

Here’s what your h1 commented out should look like:

<!--<h1>Hello World</h1>-->

Now, the challenge says only to comment out the h1 and p elements. You don’t need to put the word code in there.

My bad, it’s been awhile since I did this one lol! And I don’t use it too often :grinning: I had to go back to it and to the challenge again myself.

<!--code--!>
<h1><!--code>Hello World</>!--code>
The syntax of the commenting out code is improper. For example, the proper comment out code has the following syntax: <!-- some code you want to comment out -->.

I would write the h2 code like this: <!-- <h2>CatPhotoApp</h2> -->. I would recommend following using the same form for the <p> tag below.

I hope that helps!

Your browser information:

1 Like

Leave your h2 element uncommented so that it is visible on your page.

still cant figure out what that means even after doing what you told me to do