Code projects and to be super productive

I am following fcc curriculum and learning flask to publish my first web application .
I want to get job as soon as possible and i am working towards it .I want to know how people who are struggling and working to get job how they are working ?How you plan yor day , how many hours you people seriously commit towards coding .What you do when you get stuck ?How you keep your motivation high ?Although i have my answers to all these questions i want to know from others how they are managing grunt work .

If some one has experience of many years in software industry and have a sound knowledge of how company hire and all those things please answer my question .

I have seen many software devloper job board website like i am fine with python so i visited https://www.python.org/ and see the jobs .Majority of companies have put demands of work experience of 2 year , 3 year , and more but some of them are asking for experience with degree . Do they really mean it ?I mean do there cannot be any compensating factor for all these requirements.I mean if they want job seeker to have such and such skills , Can some one cannot prove that he is having those skills through coding projects .
I do not have degree but i am working hard on my projects and trying to get internship in my country .I do have a plan of cs degree from distance but i need to know about them .

I got my first job by building my own resume by building personal projects such as my own web design agency page and trying to get paid for small jobs for “professional” experience. I just got my degree but I got employed without a degree (so from a completely self educated background). If you can get a degree great but it’s not the most important, experience trumps all.

By doing this I skipped “junior” roles and headed straight for mid level positions and decently paying jobs (I didn’t like the idea of being paid too little for how hard I was working).

I usually spent at least 1 whole day dedicated to programming and going through tutorials (8 hours that day) and then tried to code at least 30 minutes every other day for fun to toy with what I learned on my 8 hour day. The key to it all is putting aside time and stop making excuses JUST DO IT!

As for when are you ready for a job, here’s a great video on faking it till you make it, watch it…

2 Likes

Thanks for your time and patience .I get your point .Lets assum i land developer job in my country and i am ready to work there for few months but i want you to express your views on this query .
“Majority of companies have put demands of work experience of 2 year , 3 year , and more but some of them are asking for experience with degree . Do they really mean it ?I mean do there cannot be any compensating factor for all these requirement”.

There is very few roles around where the candidate is going to be perfect and tick all the boxes. Think of these as a wishlist from a company. They most likely won’t find a “perfect” candidate for whatever rate they are paying because if somebody has that kind of experience is probably looking for jobs for even more money. Be confident and try nail the technologies. Build things, have a portfolio ready. One of the coolest things you could do is build a mobile app and bring a tablet into the interview to show your work in an interactive manner which will definitely make you more memorable. You don’t need to have 3 years experience to start in most places, just prove you can do the job you are interviewing for.

1 Like

Thank you .I feel encouraged by your answer .