CodePen Image Question

I was working on my portfolio page a little bit before I left for vacation.
I’m nowhere near done with it. But there were images on it, and also on a practice page.

Now that I’m back from vacation, the images I had up and working are not there.
They are my own images from imgur… They are still on imgur and imgur doesn’t seem to be down.
What the heck happened?

Would you share the link to your CodePen page?, if we look at it, we can help you figure it out.

Use this link instead, Heather-Kay:

I found it by right-clicking the image on Imgur in my browser and then copying its link address. The .jpg at the end is the signal that you’re using a good link.

Okay, I will try it.
Thanks so much!

I spoke too soon… I’m testing your page right now…

I’m pretty sure the ?1 part isn’t needed…

Give me a few minutes…

1 Like

Looks like I gave you bad advice about using Imgur…

I’m looking for an alternative right now too.

1 Like

Well, shucks.
The good news is that it wasn’t operator malfunction on my part.

While I have your attention, could I ask you another, completely different question?

Before vacation I also messed around with a navbar.
First, I’m not sure if the code I used for the navbar is the right/best one for the job.
Second, even if the one I used is okay, I have no idea how to make it work, jumping to the different sections of about, portfolio, or contact. And so far I haven’t been able to find a tutorial that teaches me what I need to know.

Okay, that was two questions.
But once we get the image thing squared away, I’d like to get the navbar thing learned and working.

Thanks so much for everything.

It looks like we’re going to have to use Dropbox, or GooglePhotos, or something else. If you have one of those, then you can try uploading there and I can help you for another half hour.

Cloudinary gets mentioned a lot in the other threads that are discussing Imgur and CodePen. I don’t know how mature or stable it is, I’ve never heard of it before.

For the time being you could use your ForumFreeCodeCamp image on your page:

The NavBar question would best be asked in another thread… I don’t know anything about them (yet) and it’ll just get lost in here. I’ll take a look at it though.

The least I can offer is that you need to add IDs to the DIVs that contain the Portfolio, About and Contact sections:

[code]

About

Portfolio

Contact

[/code]

That’ll connect them up with the button links in the Nav Bar.

1 Like

I won’t be able to work on these things right away.
When I get time this week, I will probably get a Dropbox.
It would have been nice for Imgur to work since I already had an account over there. But that would have been too easy.
I appreciate all your help.

1 Like

I had this issue. Imgur, as you have probably read, does not support this type of thing.
I started using this site. https://cloudinary.com.
I store my pictures here; well the ones i use for my website(s) and i haven’t had issues since. Tell me how it works out for you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I might get a Cloudinary instead of a Dropbox.
Things to ponder…

I’m most likely going to use Dropbox myself. It’s been around for a long time and seems pretty dependable.

I went to Cloudinary and had a look around.
I may need to use Dropbox as well since Cloudinary was asking questions that I, as a baby developer, was unable to answer. i.e. It was a bit too complicated for me at this time.

I might need Cloudinary later if/when I become a super-developer.
But for now, I have simple needs and am working on not being overwhelmed by the massive amounts of new info CodeCamp and I are inflicting upon my brain.

Thanks for the navbar help. It is working. I’m one step closer to slaying this beast.