Coding and pocket money

I am an architect student of 1st year. Also I have interest in learning web development and other stuff. I am thinking of learning the stuff so that i can convert it into a earning source just enough for my pocket money. Will it help or not?

I’m not sure I understand the question. It sounds like you’re asking if you can make money by coding part time. If so, my answer would be “probably not”.

Learning web development is a large undertaking, it’s like asking if I could learn architecture on the side to earn a bit of pocket money around my software engineering job.

Coding is a profession. If you want to be a professional coder than study that. If you want to be an architect, then study that. If you want to be a professional architect that codes on the side for fun, then that’s great. If you want to be a professional architect that codes on the side for profit, then that isn’t going to work, anymore than being a part-time on-the-side master cobbler. It takes a lot of work to get the basic skills, get somewhere to apprentice, build up a network, hone your craft, etc.

Coding is not like mowing lawns. It’s not something you can do on a whim to make a little extra bread. It’s a lot of hard work. And it’s a lot of work before you even get that first paycheck.

2 Likes