[COLLATION] Completed and Submitted Challenges Not Recorded

Hi,

The User Agent is:
Mozilla/5.0(Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7)AppleWebKit/605.1.15(KHTML, like Gecko)Version/14.1.2 Safari/605.1.15

1 Like

I also had lose my camp progress.

1. Basic HTML and HTML5 and Basic CSS
  2. Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Safari/605.1.15
  3. macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
  4. Actually I don’t use more than 1 device, but in the future it is a possible option for me, so I only using my MacBook in the moment
  5. https://freecodecamp.org is only open in one specific tab, but other tabs are open.
  6. Germany
  7. I can’t remember I had closed my browser while I pass the challenges, so my browser stayed open for about few days.
1 Like

Hey!
I’ve been working hard on my web design journey for awhile now
And a few days ago, I finished up until my CSS applied visual design, but none of the previous lessons now say completed .

this isn’t the first time I’ve gone back and re-done previous sessions though
Is there a way to properly save work with this account?
Does this consistently happen?

I really would not like to have to go the way back and re-do all these lessons.
Is there a way I can have these lessons shown as completed again?

Is there a way to properly save work with this account?
Does this consistently happen?
Because it will definitely deter me from continuing to use this platform …

1. Mostly all of my work
    BASIC HTML & HTML 5, BASIC CSS, Some of Applied Visual Design.
  2. Safari
  3. Mac OS Big Sur Version 11.4
  4. Just one tab on one window
  5. NYC

Hi @missmikab !

Welcome to the forum!

While the team the continues to figure out the issue, you don’t need to go back and redo lessons.

The challenge don’t count towards the certificate.
Only projects do.

It’s hard to even remember what lesson I’m up too
When I start the try to resume. All my previous lessons are gone.

I am sorry you and the other campers are going through the issue.

The freeCodeCamp team is hard at work trying to resolve it.

For now, a temporary solution would be to write down which lesson you left off on.
At least until the bug is fixed.

2 Likes

I started my freecodecamp journey today and I was super excited to start. I finished the basic html part und started with the CSS part. I wanted to switch in night mode and now my progress is deleted. can someone help?

What do you mean when you say that your progress is deleted?

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

A list of your completed challenges is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your public portfolio. With a growing curriculum already over 1,400 lessons and a community of millions of people, FCC does not store every solution to every challenge in its database. When you complete a challenge, there is a modal that gives you the option to download your solution. This gives you the option to save a copy of any solution that you may want to reference later. There are some challenges which are classified as projects required for certifications. Your solutions to those can be viewed on your settings page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache when you run tests. If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then your local storage has been cleared or something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

Hi @miranicad !

Welcome to the forum!

I moved your post over to this thread because it sounds like you are having the same issue as the other posters.

Read through the top post made by @Sky020 .

The team is working on resolving the issue.

Thanks!

As the title reads; I went through the Basic HTML and HTML5 courses and when I logged back in they all reset. Is this normal? Im a noob.

Thanks

we are investigating on this issue, if you can please help us by sharing the info listed in the first post of this other topic: [COLLATION] Completed and Submitted Challenges Not Recorded

I am also merging your post in that topic so to keep the forum tidy

Hello! I’m doing the HTML/CSS course, and I have a minor issue where the “Go to current challenge” link on the front page directs me to a challenge I’ve already completed (linked below). Hope this is the right place to post.

1. https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-css/add-different-margins-to-each-side-of-an-element
  2. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36
  3. Windows 10 Pro - 20H2
  4. No
  5. Yes (current challenge + course index)
  6. Norway
  7. The challenge is checkmarked, and the index says I’ve completed 44/44 in the relevant section. It’s only the /current-challenge that seems bugged.

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious but I’ve tried signing out and back in. I also only use one email. Not sure how to resume my progress

It seems an issue we are trying to pin down - I am going to merge your post with this other thread [COLLATION] Completed and Submitted Challenges Not Recorded
Can you please answer the questions in the first post?

Hi! I’ve completed about a third of js certification but today I opened the site and all of my progress is lost and I can see only first three exercises are done, but I did a lot more than that. How to fix that?

Hi, I got through a few of the JS questions. I got up to the camelcase course. I completed it. Then all my progress is lost. Can you help me with this please? Thanks.

I’ve got the same problem. Completed about a third of the firs module and now all is lost. Seems like a server problem.

Same here, i had gone through 60% of Applied Visual Design but now i am taken way back to Basic CSS. Need Help Please!!!

HI @Mykolaland , @darthque and @newtontavengwa !

Welcome to the forum!

I moved your posts over to this thread because it sounds like you have the same issue as the other campers.

Please read the original post at the top and answer those questions which will help the freecodecamp staff fix the issue.

Thanks!

2 Likes